Lead Your Team At Work, Lead in Life
Posted December 16, 2015 & filed under Productivity
Here are some tips from Inc. Magazine on how to be the leader that your team at work wants you to be.
- Know your purpose and help your team find theirs if they seem to be having trouble. Knowing the purpose of not only your organization but the purpose of your department and team can lead to much success. Understanding why you are there and how you fit in the puzzle makes you a leader and helps you lead at your organization.
- Have meaningful relationships. It is important to try to relate to your coworkers. Having a positive working relationship with your team members at work matters. Meaningful relationships encourage understanding and collaboration.
- Understand your motivation and the motivators that grab your team members’ attention.
- Be optimistic and help others around you be optimistic even in times of stress.
- Communicate regularly and be clear. Clarity helps keep everyone on the same page.
- Help out with work-life balance and support your own balance. Support your team as well in their search for balance.