No Pain No Gain
Posted February 4, 2016 & filed under Productivity, Work Environment, Work Life
There is a popular show on television that I’m sure all of you know about…Shark Tank. Robert Herjavec is on Shark Tank and is the founder of his own company, is a bestselling author, and is even a race car driver. How does he accomplish so much? How did he get so far? He says he worked hard and worked through the pain. He says that pain is temporary. Let’s see what he says about work stress and the pain that comes with working hard and being successful…
- Refuel…it is necessary…Robert finds time to move in his busy schedule managing all of his endeavors…he runs! Herjavec says you need to find time to refuel. He runs 5 miles a day and around 8 to 10 miles on Sundays!
- Find the time! He says that even though it might seem tough to find time to do what your body needs you must do it. Find time to run or recharge in whatever way you do…otherwise your mind and body can suffer and this can actually hurt your work.
- Keep on moving…one foot after another…push through the pain.
AND…now let’s see Robert’s tips for refueling and pushing through the pain to get things done…
- Get Wi-Fi on the plane – you can stay connected and get your work tasks and personal administrative tasks done while you are in flight!
- Bring gym clothes when you travel – as stated before, moving helps boost your energy and helps you refuel…so bring your gym clothes with you when you travel!
- Keep a calendar and use it for personal time – book time with friends…this way you can set aside the time and you won’t skip out on your friends and much-needed time spent with friends.