What Can You Do to Be Happier?
Posted November 9, 2016 & filed under Productivity
What makes people happy? Do you want to be a happier person? What can you do to be happier? While happiness can depend on day-to-day events, there are steps to take to be happier in daily life. True happiness takes work and it is not a simple thing.
We must all work towards happiness and we must all have mental clarity in order to be happy. According to an article by Entrepreneur Magazine online, “When we think of happiness, we typically think of things that bring us immediate pleasure…but recent studies have shown that true happiness, or life satisfaction, works a bit differently” and this statement seems to be spot on. Pleasures such as a decadent meal, a favorite book or a day spent at the beach only bring temporary pleasure, and people generally seek overall pleasure and happiness in life. So, what then do we need to do to be satisfied in life? What do we need to do to be generally happy most of the time? Let’s find out what the 11 habits are of truly happy people according to Entrepreneur Magazine online:
- Create your own happiness and don’t wait for it – make an effort to be happy
- Surround yourself with the right people – happiness is contagious
- Sleep – make sure you get enough sleep so your brain recharges
- Live in the moment – embrace the reality of the moment and accept your past and move on
- Learn to love yourself – appreciate your own good qualities and pat yourself on the back
- Appreciate what you have – be grateful and stay in a good mood
- Exercise – make sure you move your body and make regular exercise a priority
- Forgive – don’t dwell on issues and learn to forgive others in order to make yourself happy
- Get in touch with your feelings – open up about your feelings and be expressive
- Concentrate on what you can control – put your best effort into making the best of things
- Have a growth mindset – embrace challenges and focus on growing