Smile While You Work
Cheerful people are magnets; they naturally attract other people and tend to be more productive as they have positive emotions. In a normal crazy life, it can be tough to be energetic every single day of the work week, but research shows that finding something to smile about everyday can lead to people working smarter and harder. Shawn Anchor, author of The Happiness Advantage, has found that the brain works much better when a person is feeling positive. Feeling good in your workplace is one of the key aspects of a job as it reflects directly onto your productivity level and company's success. When we are happy we are more engaged, motivated, creative, and productive! Let's read into how our mood affects our workplace:
Your impact on the company
- Work is purposeful, because without you the company would not be able to be as successful or improve as quickly as they are.
- All individual work plays a part in the company's improvement as a whole.
- Provides satisfaction, having full confidence and reliable facts can increase your productivity level.
- If you have a positive attitude, you tend to want to set high goals for yourself and come in everyday feeling excited about reaching the next step.
- Improves your customer skills and excitement to engage with the real world.
Relationships at work
- These should be encouraging and reliable. You spend 40 hours a week with your coworkers; influence each other in a positive way!
- Happier people are good and fast listeners, active learners and can spread the positive energy to other workers.
Next time you are struggling to be excited about work, take a minute to dream about your future, have a vision and think about how your job can help you achieve it!