|Posted On||Jul 23, 2019|
$55,000 – $90,000
Job ID # 22865
With the help of an international customer base and a quality product, our client has deep roots locally and a solid future. They provide employees with a chance to work in a state-of-the-art facility and are continuing to improve their equipment and facilities with upgrades. This is a rare opportunity for someone to make their mark with a worldwide force in manufacturing. Currently, they have a need for a Process Metallurgist who will help to improve the materials of their products with their work in the lab and on the production floor.
- Bonus program
- Variety of lab work and process work
- Stable, yet growing company
Duties of the Process Metallurgist include:
- Work with customer to determine product needs for new product launches
- Ensure plant has the material and equipment capabilities to manufacture products
- Perform metallurgical testing (strength, physical properties, etc)
- Analyze data of testing and implement changes to materials based on findings
- Investigate quality issues and failures with materials and implement corrective actions that improve the value and reliability of products
- Work on the production floor to identify process improvements in the manufacturing process of metals - including quality, material flow, etc.
- Investigate metallurgical quality issues on the floor/in the lab and fix those issues
- Reduce waste and increase efficiency of manufacturing processes through metallurgical improvements
- Support metallurgical questions by other departments
Requirements for the Process Metallurgist include:
- BS in Materials or related engineering degree
- Proven experience working in a metallurgical role OR metallurgy co-ops
- Willingness to in the lab and on the production floor in order to solve metallurgical issues
- Ability to work and communicate with both internal personnel and customers
Key skills: Materials degree, metallurgical experience, hands-on mentality
Please apply or send us a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All of your information will be kept confidential. Please feel free to call us at 614-760-5799.
Applications that fit the listed requirements will be contacted within 2-3 business days to schedule an initial phone interview with the Omni One team.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.