|Posted On||Apr 24, 2020|
$55,000 – $60,000
Job ID # 24205
An opportunity has arisen to join the team of one of Michigan’s foremost manufacturers. We are looking for an energetic strategic buyer who is comfortable in a manufacturing environment. We offer medical, dental, life, 401-k, and paid vacation benefits. We are a growing, recession-proof company that has been at the top of our class since the late 1970s.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the cost-effective purchase of commodities, raw material, and services to maintain and grow production.
- Be a standard-bearer of our core value and maintain the company image and supplier relationships
- Seek out and identify new suppliers in a courteous manner
- Locate improved and/or less expensive materials as needed. Make recommendations to other departments for alternative materials or improved designs without losing our standard of quality.
- Orchestrate vendor visits to indicate a supplier’s ability to produce quality materials per ISO 9000 standards
- Expedite and improve the delivery process
- Maintain accuracy with all invoices and reach resolutions on discrepancies concerning pricing, delivery or other items pertaining to purchase order
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Material Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management (or similar)
- 3-7 years of strategic purchasing experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certificate preferred
- Strong mathematical and analytical reasoning skills
Please apply or send us a copy of your resume to email@example.com. All of your information will be kept confidential. Please feel free to call us at 614-760-5799.
Applications that fit the listed requirements will be contacted within 2-3 business days to schedule an initial phone interview with the Omni One team
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.