|Posted On||Oct 17, 2023|
Sandusky, OH area
$90,000 - $100,000
Job ID #27470
Our client is a global manufacturing organization with sites located across the US and the globe. Their Northern Ohio production facility is growing and expanding rapidly.
Just some of the perks of working for this organization:
- Culture- they are widely known for this, and pride themselves on being a very collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Growth- they offer tremendous development within the organization and often promote internally
- Full range of benefits including strong 401k matching, profit sharing, and excellent vacation/PTO
- Strategic/forward thinking company that always looks for future growth
Main duties of the Sourcing Manager include:
- Directly lead a small team of Buyers (hiring, training, building from within)
- Strategically identify risks/rewards associated with new suppliers
- Lead negotiations on current/new contracts and future potential suppliers
- Source both domestic and international suppliers
- Work closely with Engineering and Quality on product changes
- Travel- up to 30%, to new potential suppliers to secure new agreements
- BS degree- required
- At least 5-10 years of experience as a Sourcing/Purchasing leader within manufacturing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to strategically source new suppliers by identifying risks
- Engineering knowledge (Lean, Six Sigma) highly preferred but not required
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.