The Hiring Process
The economy is booming, which has left the job market flooded with open positions. The time to find the perfect career is now. So why will you not respond to applications for three weeks? After leading two panel interviews, why will your candidates wait four more weeks to find out whether they did or didn’t get the job? Ultimately, the ideal candidate is accepting another position before you even thought to offer them a job. The reality of the situation is that this is an applicant-lead job market: valuable candidates are in high demand and most likely already have a decent paying position. Omni One can help you avoid this dreaded scenario.
What Takes So Long
- Comparing Candidates. The Wall Street Journal says that comparing is the #1 reason why employers take so long to hire. “They want the perfect candidate, when the reality is, there is no perfect candidate.” Click here for more info on the WSJ piece.
- Multiple Step Interview Processes. The majority of interview processes include a pre-screen or phone interview (or two) and multiple on-site interviews with different hiring managers.
- Several Opinions. Panel interviews open candidates to the scrutiny of various opinions, especially when there are multiple panel interviews in the process. Imagine how much time it takes to decipher whether a candidate is a “good fit” or not with 5+ individuals’ conflicting ideas in play.
How We Can Help
- Provide Contract Options. Our “try-before-you-buy” contract option allows employers to expedite the hiring process so that your company can keep moving –faster. Omni One even processes all of the contractor paperwork, conducts background and drug screens, as well as puts your contractor on our weekly payroll.
- Keep Employers Informed. Omni One strives to keep employers well aware of our applicants’ requirements in order to accept a position. We also let employers know immediately if another company is moving in on a potential candidate.
- Offer Alternatives. Our office excels at and requires prescreening of applicants before sending them to employers. If an applicant is not right for a position, we won’t send their resume.
- Peace of Mind. Our recruiters are available virtually 24/7 to answer your questions and relieve concerns.
What You Should Do
- Be Open Minded. If you are ready to solve the problem of a missing link in your system, bring a replacement employee on temporarily with a contract position. Omni One works quickly to process the paperwork and does all of the behind-the-scenes “dirty work”.
- Scrap the Phone Interviews. Avoid unnecessary steps in the already-lengthy interview process. We prescreen all of our applicants so you don’t have to.
- Talk to Us. We are a team with a mutual goal. The more we understand about the position, the better the candidates we can provide. The faster you give us feedback, the faster we can move forward.
- Don’t Let an Opportunity Pass you By. Waiting around for the perfect candidate will only take more time of the company’s time and effort, while producing low quality and potentially no results. During this wasted time previous top-notch candidates are likely to have already accepted another offer.